Monday, April 20, 2009

grey gardens

after seeing drew barrymore being interviewed about her grey gardens film on tv twice this week, i caved in and just ordered the grey gardens documentary on ebay.
i do adore drew. she wore voluminous black sleeves on letterman, and had a tongue piercing! (she was also a bit kooky and manic.) what a babe. its just a shame that the new grey gardens is being released on american tv. what am i supposed to do all the way over here in australia?
also, everything is about cats this week. the kitten, my brand new $2.50 cats (the musical) jumper. now all i wanna do is draw girls surrounded by cats, which is very very grey gardens.



  1. i love everything about grey gardens. i finally saw the documentary about a year ago and fell in love. i had always heard little edie sound bites in stars songs, but never realized who it was.

    i'm eager for the drew b. movie. even though its here in the states, i don't have t.v. & have to find other ways to see it.

  2. I have not seen it yet although I want to as well! If I could add to that being surrounded by kitties fantasy, I would add in while dressed in something sheer and fantastic while sipping iced coffee all day.


  3. Oh I second that! Love Drew. And am also in Aus, wishing to see Grey Gardens, very tempted to get online and buy it too : )

  4. I want you to draw me surrounded by cats! it's my dream, hhhee. Also Drew, she is forever my favourite x

  5. yes, girls surrounded by cats! that sounds so lovely. i imagine you must have an amazing time in your year away from art school. :)

  6. it's a nutty documentary--you're going to love it! also i LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog and illustrations--i am over the moon! so happy to have found you! :)

  7. Grey Gardens is one of my favorite films. I don't know why but I feel like I identify with the Beales.

    I watched the HBO one online. I think Drew did a superb job. It's a wonderful exploration of Little Edie and Big Edie's past.


Thanks for taking the time to read my blog! I would love to know what you think.