Wednesday, July 1, 2009

july is a good month

july is a good month because i turn 20!
on saturday to be precise. july 4.
and im having a 1950's picnic in the gardens to celebrate.
im going to have to decide on a dress and learn how to put my hair in rollers.
although this could be a dilemma. im hopeless with a hairdyer and my usual 1920's pincurls will not suffice. fingers crossed all goes well!
i am smitten by these items right now. this is my ideal birthday present list.
if only i was a millionaire!

ive also put some new prints up in the shop.
i really need to cull my etsy. 8 pages of stock is way too many pages.
im very keen to get rid of some excess stock, so send me a note and i will cut you a good deal!
4x6 prints especially. ive got a tonne of them and they need good homes.
also, i have recently listed some supercheap print packs and also some new originals.

the newest prints are only listed in a 6x8 size, but if you contact me, i can order them in other sizes for you.


july prints


  1. I saw a really good tutorial for vintage hair the other day. You can watch it here...

    It's more 40s style, but I'm sure you could make it work!

    I would love a nice deal on some prints, I've been meaning to buy some for ages. As i'm about to move into a new flat now is the perfect time!

  2. i hope you have a good birthday :)

  3. oh! have a fabulous birthday!
    & 1950s?? love it!
    curler curled hair is what i love to do to my hair at least twice a month :] but i haven't mastered the technique by myself yet.

  4. Ooh I think I'm going to buy you one of these & mail it... :) You're just that special. I loveee your art, begging my mom for some of your art for MY birthday! July 23rd!
    xoxo sprinkle

  5. I can't tell you how many times I've seen pictures of those macaroon cookies in various colours (esp in icons & the like) & wondered what they were. Esp as they look like rainbow coloured sugar hamburgers, at least in my eyes. LOL. I know this comment is so random, but YAY, I don't feel so out of the loop now. Haha! XD

  6. I have that exact 60s electric blue dress and it's too tight for me. If it fits you (I'll measure it when I'm home tonight), I'd be happy to give it to you as a birthday present :)

  7. Hi Caitlin!

    To be straight forward, we want to feature your artwork in our third (August) issue. Please send me an e-mail at if interested. Couldn't find your adress anywhere.



Thanks for taking the time to read my blog! I would love to know what you think.