Friday, September 18, 2009

Cybele Bertrand

Cybele Bertrand

I feel like i have been working on this girl for almost a month now... (On and off)
...But i doubt it has really been that long. The skirt was meticulous and took the longest time.

I imagine that Cybele has (finally!) moved into her own apartment.
She has been there for about a month, enough time for new flowers to bloom outside.
She painted the garden walls white, even though the landlord wouldn't allow such things.
We will have to keep her little secret safe. And now that she is living on her own, Cybele can drink gin whenever she wants.

9 comments:

  1. I love the stories that come with the paintings. You can really see Cybele come to life! And the skirt looks beautiful, so it was worth it in the end. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh just beautiful
    the detail is wonderful

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the stripey skirt matches the stripey pots!

    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! All of the time and effort totally payed off, because this is like your usual work taken to a more detailed level! It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You would be the first on my mind to illustrate my book...do you draw puppies?

    have a wonderful week!
    MG

    *whosthatgamine.blogspot.com*

    ReplyDelete
  6. brilliant! I love it. The roses at the bottom are great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so in love with your universe, Caitlin. All these characters, and the brilliant poses. The clothes! I could go on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is my favorite. love the colors. so great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog! I would love to know what you think.