Monday, October 5, 2009

some newish paintings

Why did i ever stop drawing boys?
They are the most beautiful things in the world.

Before falling asleep, this binocular toting boy appeared in my head.
Of course the paintings didn't turn out anything like what i had imagined.
I've never done two paintings of the same character before. Maybe he can be my lovelorn mascot.

there are plenty more fish in the sea

there are plenty more fish in the sea.
i am looking for you,
are you looking for me?


birds eye

fish'n'chips

sacha

A commissioned portrait of a little boy named Sacha.

fruit pants

fruit salad.

mushroom

just a quick experimental painting. to get my hands used to holding a paintbrush.



good things:
if you buy four orange penguin classic books, you get a free umbrella.
squid leg sushi.
my brassiere painting is currently showing at extended play gallery in melbourne.
an exciting collaboration is currently underway.
waiting with much anticipation for the new lula mag to arrive in my mailbox.
dreaming of charles anastase dresses.
homegrown flowers.
meringues baking in the over (as i type!).

15 comments:

  1. Sasha is CUTE!

    Thanks for your very sweet comment on my blog, it made me so happy! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the nautical feel to some of those! so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. soooo wonderful!
    and i didn't know that about penguin books! nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that first boy is my dream boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your so amazing. love that first drawing the most, but they are all sooo, soo good!

    p.s. just got my ponytail shirt in the mail today and i'm already wearing it. LOVE IT! thanks

    xx
    Starr

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who doesn't dream of cute sailor boys with long ruffled hair! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. MY GOODNESS WHAT A FREAKIN DELIGHT!!!!

    One Love,
    Jowy
    www.iseejanemary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Caitlin!! Your illustrations are um-azing~

    ReplyDelete
  9. they're all so beautiful
    & meringues , yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the look on his face.. kind of lost yet not entirely. sacha reminds me of this seatmate i had in school.. he was just as blonde.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Psssssst Caitlin Quiet...

    I like your way...

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog! I would love to know what you think.