Monday, January 18, 2010

girls, girls, girls.

after a long vacation (both pysical and imagined) ive started to paint again.
leaving alone the constraints of soaking and stretching expensive paper, i'm just scribbling away, quite furiously, in my cream paged sketchbook. i cannot stand to be so fussy and fastidious at the moment, so this change is very welcome. i'm falling back in love with being carefree.


coquette
a shiny girl who just wants all of your attention. (and i want her clothes!)
perhaps she sells cigarettes in the cinema.

coquette


an eye for an eye
those who dabble in black magic must pay the sacrifice sooner or later.


an eye for an eye


sunbeam
descended from a long line of monobrowed people.
my revolting lolita, my lovely honeypie.
(thats supposed to be a sunhat, not a religious arc...) 

sunbeam


what i wore
for the flickr pool of the same title.
always a helpful subject to get my languishing hands back into action.

what i wore


married
my obsession with marriage, house and baby carriage dont look like they are going to vanish anytime soon.


married

25 comments:

  1. So so cute!

    Lovely blog!

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these illustrations, they are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are really refreshing. I love the eye for an eye and the sunbeam.


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these are wonderful. The last girl's expression is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely style. These give me such an urge to paint, I may have to do some myself.

    I love the last drawing, xx

    P.S - I really have to agree; I am obsessed with Fox too! Mmmmm, delicious. What a beautiful face he has. I want to kiss it all over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely girls. I think coquette has madonna's face. n_n

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love these! you are so talented! i especially love the first girl, and i really love all the little stories you put with them! i'm glad you are doing well <3

    angelica
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cremaster?! How were they? I still need to finish up the series.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to see you back. As ever beautiful illustrations. I particularly like the girls head at the end. I finally found some frames for your beautiful prints, so my desk is a lot more Caitlined than before!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your illustrations are simply marvelous, marvelous, marvelous.

    A new fan --
    mw

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeeeeeees! i love ALL of these! Oh my goodness.

    did you see the what I wore today illustrations that i have done so far the past 2 days on my blog too? its really helping me want to draw again. finally.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE these drawings. Very inspiring and want one for my home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful beautiful beautiful. your blog is, and always will be, my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love Coquette!

    http://postcardsfromdreamland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. oooo, the girl with the red shoes and the red hair is one of my new favs!!! Amazing, again! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Also! I know you like dollhouses, correct? Look at these! Most beautiful dollhouses ever!
    http://cornsilks.blogspot.com/2010/01/dollhouse.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, I've managed to find your blog through your old deviantart account. Nice to see you are still painting and producing loveliness. I hope you don't mind if I link you on my blog.

    -www.magnoliaqueen123.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello's I've been a massive fan of your blog and art for ages so I've at long last featured you over on my 'ickle blog.
    Hope you don't mind?

    peace & bows...
    prettyneons X

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love these, the first one and the "revolting lolita" are my favorites. She brings to mind a young Frida Kahlo, careless and free. The little lines of text perfect the paintings/sketches in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I found you thru prettyneon's blog and I just have to say I adore your illustrations, they are gorgeous!!

    xo
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  21. The first girl looks so much like Madonna.. I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I absolutely love your blog
    your art is amazing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog! I would love to know what you think.