Thursday, May 6, 2010

Tap Shoes Vintage

I'm giving my Pepperminte etsy shop a hibernation break. It's closing down in order to cocoon and hopefully re-emerge as a more beautiful butterfly. I shall be re-opening in a month or two under my actual name, and the shiny new shop will have more of a focus on original paintings and limited edition prints on fine art papers.
For now, i'm putting my energies into Tap Shoes, my shop for bygone treasures. Watching these late night movies from the 30's to the 60's on an almost daily basis has me pining for the past. I'm dreaming of being a debutante in a glass ballroom, chiffon sleeves fluttering from my shoulders. I'm dreaming of prancing my way through a Busby Berkeley dance routine, driving a pink Cadillac with Elvis on the radio, dancing cheek to cheek with Fred Astaire, Arguing over silk stockings with Ginger Rogers, Walking poodles down the street with Lucille Ball.
So whenever i see relics from another era, i have to snap them up! It's like small pieces of my dreams have magically appeared in this day and age. It's too good to be true, too rare, too exciting. It's the game i enjoy most, treasure hunting.
My bedroom is now adorned with porcelain swans, silk dresses, old dollhouses, carved glass jewellery boxes, old dolls and wicker handbags. I'm dying for my own house to decorate, but that'll be years to come. So for now, i'd love to share all of these relics with people who also appreciate them. There is nothing worse than the thought of these beautiful remnants being kept in plastic bags in garages, or even worse, the rubbish tip!
I've currently amassed a selection of 1970's sewing patterns, straw hats, 50's dresses and other bits and pieces, so if this takes your fancy, please do take a peek.
I have also begun a little blog that will focus on film stills from the golden age of hollywood and other such ephemera.


  1. I just gave you an award on my blog, feel free to check it out =)


  2. I feel the same way when I watch such old movies. I get so nostalgic, and wish for the moons from many years ago. I really love your recent drawings, dear!



Thanks for taking the time to read my blog! I would love to know what you think.