Monday, June 21, 2010


Here is the second girl in my series of fashion illustrations for
This time, the clothes are by Australian label Birthday Suit. The makeup is based on what the models adorned their faces with at the debut of the last collection. (Blue eyebrows, i'm going to have to try that myself sometime.) This season Birthday Suit created a special range of contrasting outfits - bubble dresses with hints of sunset colour - and harnesses that remind me of red licorice rope. pretty delish.

be your own stockbroker from home

& a commissioned illustration for Notebook magazine.
It accompanied an article about stockbroking from home.

Once i pull myself out of the doldrums, there'll be some new projects to reveal.
On the plus side, I'll be 21 next weekend. birthday cake and balloons.


  1. Your work is ever so amazing. I'm rather jealous of your wonderful talents. These two pieces are brilliant as usual :)
    Happy birthday for next week

  2. Happy early 21st birthday!! Hope you have an amazing day with lots of cake with cute kitty icing on it!
    p.s. I want the second girl's outfit, jacket and shoes included.

  3. Hi Caitlin!

    I had no idea you had a blog!

    I added yours to my list of favs, I love your watercolors so much! I still have the little painting you made for me over 4 years ago in my room, I cherish it :)




  4. I loved the colour palette for The Birthday Suit, it was birds of paradise meets military art deco and the contrast between the sharp tailoring and the bubble sleeves was done seamlessly.

    As always your artwork is incredible. You've really given something extra to the collection.

  5. I love the little cat at the bottom on the Notebook watercolour. So beautiful!

  6. love the first drawing, it's amazing!!

  7. I'm going to have tp try blue eyebrows myself as well! And lovely work as usual dvrling :)


  8. your so talented!


  9. Oh my god caitlin.... have I yet told you I think you are the most amazing young woman alive? No? Let me do it now: Oh my god caitlin I think you are the most amazing young woman alive.


Thanks for taking the time to read my blog! I would love to know what you think.