Wednesday, July 21, 2010

1940's glamour

1940's glamour
She is out on the town, pretending to be a glamourous movie star.
Real mink,  - perhaps? But then again, maybe not.
Lately i want everything to be emerald green.
Lately I wish i could have hair like Rita Hayworth. Instead, i am a Shirley Temple poodle head.
remedy?

The universe has aligned, finally. This year has been such a flounder, but i finally feel excited about life. I've been working on some projects with really great girls lately, and have alot of work to upload in the next few weeks. I'm also in such a bright mood because I'm finally leaving the nest and moving to Sydney to live with some friends for a while. Perhaps this is when my life is to begin.
Dinner parties and sleepovers and champagne galore! & a real adult life, hooray, Instead of being cooped up in this insular valley in a sad and pathetic tribute to Lux Lisbon.
Perhaps because of this my drawings will take on a new gravity. who knows.

& if anyone is interested, I'm once again trying to shift a wardrobe full of vintage clothing and accessories that i've been hoarding. (eg, a black velvet circle skirt, 1950's and 60's dresses, a polka dot swing skirt, vintage hosiery, Lucille Ball sheet music & vintage bras...)
They are up here on ebay.

p.s. I'll finally be releasing Giclee prints in my new etsy shop sometime this week!
stay tuned. :) & thanks for reading.

18 comments:

  1. it looks amazing Caitlen! (as always.. what i love about your work, is that you give your audience exactly what they want to see, 'Glamour, Poise & Beauty' in abundance. I hope Sydney is the best ever for you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. Shirley Temple ringlets are beautiful,& require no remedy hunni;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite of yours! my favorite is the nurse pinup (im a nursing student) ;)

    Sarah
    theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the drawing, i think it is so cute.
    please visit my blog.
    http://fashionfreakout-frankie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy for you and for all your new things in your life. it's so exciting. I hope we'll see a little bit of them here in your blog. I can't wait to see your future illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I adore her little handbag! Best of luck with your move! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore this drawing, so pretty! I would love to have shirley temple hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love. One of my friends had curly hair and he put in some hair relaxant as a a joke and now his hair grows out straight. You would never know it used to be curly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful piece of art, I love her pose and lovely wavy hair. And that's great that you feel excited about life, I hope your move to Sydney will bring you lots of happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds just lovely, Caitlin, I'm so glad things are going so well. And Shirley Temple curls are just great to have, promise! I am envious.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with the move. Sounds esciting. Hope you can find some space and a place of your own - room to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ah, it is so, so beautiful.

    i wish i looked like rita hayworth too, though i would count myself lucky to have shirley temple curls as well...

    your drawings are just stunning. i've always loved them, but i've been too shy to ever comment before.

    i hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. sounds lovely, I loved the dress of illustration^^

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Shirley Temple Poodle Hair". ha ha, I am in love with this bit of imagery.

    x
    Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like these...especially the faces! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful. Have you read 'The Bombshell Manual of Style'? If not I think you would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have blogged about your drawings at http://www.whosamanda.com

    I just love these!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog! I would love to know what you think.