Monday, December 13, 2010

mid december

Some special christmas gift trades with Anabela and Emily.
(shame there are millions of miles and oceans between us. I adore these ladies.)
= from Anabela : a fieldguided tote bag inspired by the band heart, and from emily- a vintage shiny black wiggle dress that i think Bettie Page would have been proud to own.
I'm sending them some prints of my work in return, and perhaps even some perfume scented love letters. (anyone else up for a swap?)





hi.






summer is melting me and i'm going back home to live with my cats and paint my parents house and be close to the ocean again. no more bath parties or blasting deerhunter into the night. i'm obsessed with nigella lawson and her cardigans sewn onto her shirts and dita von teese and her porcelain finely shaped self. cannot wait for christmas, cannot wait for this year to end and a new one to begin.

27 comments:

  1. it looks great on you! and i promise you it was not a wiggle dress on my, it was a bit roomy, but it looks like it hugs you in all the right places. i cant believe its summer there right now, blows my mind! and i so wish we lived closer! or that i had enough money to travel to all the people i love. maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to do a swap with you if you want!! xoxooxox Gaby xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to do a swap - maybe in the New Year? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so much like your lovely illustrations characters:>

    ReplyDelete
  5. Obviously your internet friends have excellent taste. And I agree with Bantik - you do look like many of your characters, which is an enormous compliment if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. agree with 'Bantik', you look like the ladies you draw :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a lovely Christmas, Caitlin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your stuff. Want to trade one of my prints for yours?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/marineparade?ga_search_query=marineparade&ga_search_type=seller_usernames

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh Caitlin! I'll do a swap with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i would love to swap my autobiographical dating comics, take a peek! www.kimgeecomics.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. meow! is it too late for exchanging prints with the lovely caitlin? ; w ; <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. eeeeeek I want that pretty little dress! I just randomly found your blog, and agh im so happy I did! Your artwork is stunning. Panda xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are as beautiful as the girls in your drawings.

    i am also looking forward seeing your work in 2011. it's going to be the greatest year!

    love
    jessica
    www.vintageportalen.se

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just saw your image of Sea of Shoes - absolutely stunning! Also nice to see a 'local'/Australian on there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What great trades! Bath parties sometimes go pear shaped. Merry Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. PS Nigella is a goddess and I love her too

    ReplyDelete
  17. i really cannot get enough of dita von teese. at all.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay, this is the first time I stumbled upon your blog and I love it. Your paintings/sketches/drawings are beautiful and I love what you're saying... I'd say you've got another fan! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Caitlin! you're so lucky to be just as beautiful as the ladies in your paintings!
    I'm always down for a swap if you ever stumble upon anything. Best of luck in the new year.

    xo,
    kirstine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog! I would love to know what you think.