Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dita Von Teese

Lately, my main source of inspiration has been 1950's pin up girls, art deco statuettes and the ever lovely burlesque queen Dita Von Teese. Apart from being fond of her divine sense of style and rather sweet demeanour, i am fascinated by her vast and sparkly shoe collection, her boudoir decorated with art deco mannequins - oh and ms Von Teese even has a pink kitchen! Too delicious! Usually i'm dreaming about parading around in marabou heels and being ever so glamorous but it's becoming quite the obsession. (money should be saved and not spent on lipstick and high heels when you're hunting for your own apartment.) It's intriguing to see someone live such a decadent and fanciful lifestyle, and makes me think that perhaps one day i will be able to have my own pastel kitchen and that's a very exciting thing.

Dita Von Teese

Dita Von Teese

19 comments:

  1. Wow, you're a great artist! Those really look like her, the second is instantly recognizable! :)
    I always love your artwork, it's so unique.
    <3 Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THESE!!! You don't have to have much $ to be as glamourous as you want. Its all about what you make of what you have - little details. ;) xx.L

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should send her these via her twitter account or something, they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone!

    Lyndsay - I dont have a twitter account but i did send them through to a fanmail address on her official website. it would be quite nice if she saw them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I've been obsessed with pin up as of lately, too.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found Ditta as one of my main obsessions as well.No idea of why,but i believe it's because i want to live her glamorous life,have all the heels,a house in Paris and that delicious pink kitchen of hers.Not to mention the hair,the pale complexion and perfect hair and make-up.The woman has a divine look and you portraited her ever so perfectly! My oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I was an lesbian I defenitely would marry her. Dita Von Teese. What a elegant and beautiful woman!

    Thank you for the comment on my blog. I like the flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing! I just love the second drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. another great illustration - love the red details..

    ReplyDelete
  10. God, how i love Dita & your artwork! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous, plain and simple. That second portrait is a true beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE DITA! She's amazing and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Dita !

    Your artworks are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. that's great the 2nd one is extra luscious. i too have a problem with lipstick & heels. . . i always say you can't take it with you when you die (the money that is) but homes are important too. . .

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a big fan of Dita's and your drawings are soooo beautiful and perfect!!! Lovely!!!
    xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  16. ... I think Dita has got something that allures because she questions the norms of style and fashion today. She is a woman and proud and a strong one too. Although she showes her body naked she has a strong sense of selfrespect

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog! I would love to know what you think.