Saturday, May 14, 2011

Trades

Lately I've been lucky enough to do some trades with a couple of fantastic people around the world.
It's pretty amazing that in this day and age you can come into contact with like-minded people via the internet, who perhaps you would never have had the opportunity to meet. It's a thrilling thing to be able to share gifts with people who i find inspiring, and getting parcels in the mail is also something else that brightens my week.



Firstly, An Autumnal lass for Taylor Kitto of Little Deer vintage.
A reflection of Taylor's image, incorporating her love for nature and delicate clothing.



This one is for Katie-Louise Ford, a Melbournian beauty who makes beautiful dresses fit for storybook heroines. (This red dress is one of her designs.)



And this boudoir scene (with enchanted paintings - the sailor is in love with the mermaid!) is to hang in the studio of Aaron Ruff - the talented man behind jewellery label Digby and Iona.


So, that's some of the work i spent my time on last month, and i'm glad they are going to charming new homes. If anyone else is interested in doing a swap, please send me a note.  It would make me very happy indeed. :)

14 comments:

  1. I love the girl with her bike! the red dress looks gorgeous and her hair is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so delicate and beautiful. I wish I could own them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so wonderful! I love Taylor's blog, and the painting you did for her is lovely. I'd love to do a swap but I 'm not sure that I have anything to trade that's worthy of your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto with Ms. Dee up there! I would be honoured to do a trade, but don't know what I would trade with! Maybe once my little Etsy shop is a bit more stocked :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially love the red dress, but they're all very lovely. The shadowing and depth is really impressive x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your art is very elegant and whimsical. The women are very lovely and charming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Caitlin, I just saw the new blog illustration for Taylor of The Little Deer and it's so beautiful. I've been a fan of your illustrations for a while now and I've always wanted to approach you to ask you to create an illustration for my blog, but I've never had the funds. I was curious as to how much will a customized illustration cost? Or we could arrange a trade too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Caitlin you're very generous!
    I'd love to do a trade, but I really wouldn't know if you'd be interested in any of my creations... If there's a chance you're interested in doing a swap with me just drop me a line, I'd love to :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to do a swap if you'd like to, I could send you prints or embroidery picture! (: Oh, and the pictures above are IMPRESSIVE (as always..)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Each one is so lovely . I think there are no words to describe your talent..!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog! I would love to know what you think.