Friday, September 2, 2011

How did it become September already?

While this blog isn't my personal diary, (and i don't usually feel the need to expel the contents of my life onto it's pages,) today i feel the inclination to write something about what's going on here. Since moving to the city my whole outlook on life has changed dramatically in the last two months (including the four weeks in which i didn't even attempt to update this baby - apologies for being so dead/quiet) ... and well, i just realised that 'life' is finally here and i don't need to create a paper world to keep my company anymore. Transition time! It's tricky to figure out which direction to take now. Late Bloomer, that's me! I'm actually pretty overwhelmed right now and don't know exactly what i mean to convey, but something needs to be put down to record this awkward interim. (Even if it's all realistically just falling into a vortex.)
All i know is that i want to compile a book that was all about being the girl that i was. Everything pink and hazy. Photos of flowers and all those love spells i tried to create. All of that longing packed into a bundle and wrapped up with ribbons. White text.

Goodbye and Hello! You'll never be the same girl forever.

Current obsessions include: sugar coated nuts, a 1950's lemon/lime printed skirt, not being made of marble anymore, Mulder and Scully, walking up and down the same regally named street every day, Nannying, 'Puppies!!!!', Gin and Tonic, future dreaming, running out of money, Dustin O'Halloran, food comas, serendipity, looking people in the eyes vs. wearing sunglasses all the time. Not ever having enough time.


  1. It's so nice to see you posting again, I enjoy your updates so.
    It sounds as though you're having an exciting time, and there's so much change happening.
    I think when I left home, the sad, pink, whimsical girl in me came out even more, and I'm still wondering what to do with her.
    Beautiful photographs, as always.

  2. lovely as always. there's no shame in living a life that isn't distracted by blog updates!

  3. I want to buy that book already!

  4. MULDER AND SCULLY!!! I hope you paint them. I'm glad to hear that you are doing well lady!

  5. I completely, and totally, understand every single thing you wrote in this post. I hope this doesn't come across as crass, but I've been going through the exact same thing these last 2 months, and it's nice to know that I'm not alone in it. I guess it's a common thing amongst creative types, which, of course, doesn't make it any better! But, at least you now know that you're not alone in it.
    Take care of yourself...things WILL look up!

  6. we'll respect whatever your decision is!
    glad to know you're doing fine xx

  7. oh my, I have the same little porcelain dogs!


Thanks for taking the time to read my blog! I would love to know what you think.