Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Zach Condon

Zach Condon



Lately i have had a hankering to draw more dudes, so this one is a portrait of Zach Condon from the band Beirut.

Since about the age of seventeen I've been a fan of this band - I remember getting a mix cd in the mail from a faraway pen-pal and upon hearing Postcards from Italy became utterly enchanted, forevermore! -  It's a precious thing when you can pick up an album at different times in your life and still find it gorgeous and relatable (albeit in an entirely different way...) - and at the moment i'm definitely having a major Beirut kick. In-fact it's the only thing i've been able to listen to for the past two months (interspersed briefly with Atlas Sound and Dustin O'Halloran). Who knows why. I just can't stop. But it's incredible. Perhaps I am in love with these sounds.
What's more, the band are playing at the Sydney Opera House in January,  and thankfully i've got a ticket. Think i might dream up some faux gig posters for fun.

(If you followed my art a few years ago then you may remember slightly embarrassing periods of fan-art relating to other male musicians. What can i say, I'm an obsessive creature.)

At the moment i'm really getting into portraiture and doing lots and lots of detail in lead pencil. Keeps me up until the wee hours of the night. I think i'm happy with the way that things are evolving too, which is certainly keeping my heart content. This has been a happy year, and although i floundered around a bit, in terms of knowing where to go with this art stuff, i think i've found my way again. I know what i need to do. Wish me luck. And please universe, learn how to magically make a couple more hours fit into the day!





5 comments:

  1. I wish you luck! <3

    You've inspired me to find a pen pal as well...but where to find one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You could try putting an open call for penpals on your blog - that's what i used to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your art is such an inspiration to me, I think your lads that you draw are just divine and so are the girls. :)
    You're one clever lady! And with such good music taste too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally meet him, he's a super nice guy! If you ever go to a concert then he tends to come out afterwards for a beer/meet and great :)
    Your art still has be in awe by the way. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good tip! oh my. fingers crossed. and thanks Jessicat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog! I would love to know what you think.