Monday, January 2, 2012

glimmer

My wonderful new dorothy-esque slippers, - A happy christmas-time trade with Erandi Gutierrez of Goldenponies.
I instantly fell in love with these because i am completely enthralled by anything glittery. (like most girls, right!) What's even better is that Goldenponies shoes are handcrafted by Erandi in Mexico.

I think this obsession all started in kindergarten when my mum covered her childhood tap shoes in silver glitter and surprised me with them, so i could go to school dressed as a tightrope walker on a circus themed day. I even had a little tulle skirt and a purple leotard adorned with jewels. My most remembered childhood outfit! I also used to wear it when running around in the backyard playing real life mortal kombat with the neighbouring kids.

goldenponies2

handmade shoes by goldenponies

18 comments:

  1. Ohh, goodness, what beauties! <3 I bet you click your heels together at any given opportunity! : )

    x
    Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice

    http://yajairasfashionnotes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now those should certainly put a hop in your step! How lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed! I've even got a poster of Dorothy's red heels on the outside of my bedroom door!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh I love these, how magical!

    (On another note, I have tap shoes covered in glitter too - except they're gold and I made them a couple of years ago to just wear randomly, which is probably sort of embarrassing considering yours were from from you were little & part of a costume!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not embarrassing at all Lola,- infact i think it's rather enchanting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh these are so pretty. shoes are my life basically.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those shoes so much. They are so beautiful!
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're beautiful!!

    <3 Sarah
    theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh, these are gorgeous! Tap shoes = <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are lovely!

    Also, not to get all booky on you, but in Baum's original story, Dorothy's slippers were silver! They were only made ruby for the Judy Garland film (presumably because Hollywood found the overarching theme of Baum's story- which focused on the sickened state of the American economy- to be a little too severe for its viewers).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! So so pretty... I did a trade with her recently too and got the same lovely shoes in a burgundy color. But I love the sparkles!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my I have Erandi shoes favourited on etsy so beautiful, LOVE glittery shoes, so cute the story about what your mum did for you! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. vintageveggie - yeah, how easy is it to become obsessed with shoes! I worry about myself sometimes, haha!

    Rebecca - Yes, now that you remind me - you are right! I haven't read the Baum book in a very long time, - perhaps i should go back to it,

    Ashley - nice! Wouldn't it be amazing to have the shoes in a rainbow of colours.

    Hannah - Yep, i was constantly favouriting each new addition to Erandi's store too - so glad i finally have a pair. :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. these are amazing! Goldenponies rules! What amazing shows to bring in the new year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog! I would love to know what you think.