Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy easter to all of you!
Things are crazy busy this week - I've got to finish off around twelve paintings and six dresses in time for the exhibition at world bar next week. Trying really hard not to stress out but i know the overwhelmed part of me is dying to retreat to bed with too many easter eggs to watch a million episodes of gilmore girls in a row. Wish me luck.

p.s. i finally caved and got myself a tumblr!
i'll just be posting silly personal things and 'what i wore' drawings and excerpts from my closet.
(My obsession with clothing is at it's peak and i find myself trawling markets every weekend to treasure hunt for pre-loved goods. ((also dreaming of Sex and the City's Carrie Bradshaw and her 1950's dress collection. About ten years too late to get into that show, but whatevs.)) So, i'm going to indulge my obsession.)
oh, yeah, and the link is...
http://caitlinmarieshearer.tumblr.com/
Follow if you please.

+ a dead moth.





 me + sewing machine + pumpkin coloured 1950's Jonathan Logan dress. oh hi!

13 comments:

  1. Good luck with everything :o)
    Btw, I have that dress too! Always fun to see someone with the same vintage dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have the same dress?!?! Isn't that an insane coincidence - it's so rare to find two of the same vintage dress nowadays.
      Are there any pictures of you on your blog wearing it? I'd love to see. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh god, I feel exactly the same about my dress obsession. It's pretty terrible because I don't actually have a job, but I am acquiring vintage at such a rapid rate since I moved cities. I find myself often offering to walk my boyfriend to work so I can check out the great consignment shop nearby that is open til 7 on weekdays! I found an amazing gingham and floral-prubt 1950s day dress (not even in the 'vintage' section!) there the other day for $25. It's ridiculous.

    Also good luck with the dresses! Can't wait to see them. And I sent your package the other day. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Lure of beautiful dresses! It's too much for a girl to handle! haha!
      (totally wanna see this new dress on your blog sometime soon, too.)

      p.s. thankyou! I am verrrrry excited for the package and it's splendorous velvet contents.

      Delete
  3. You look lovely! Sounds like such a busy time but I'm sure everything will turn out looking amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do look stunning, just like one of your own paintings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh, why thankyou! That's just the kind of thing one likes to hear. heh.

      Delete
  5. I like your new tumblr, I am looking at everything now! but because I do not have an account I can't leave "notes" but the biscuit dress - oh my god caitlin that dress is GORGEOUS! I want one! ;_; (why am I so far away, boo)

    still waiting on the look book, but I have my mum on 24 hour postal patrol waiting for it :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monika - i think if things go well i'll be introducing a little range of custom made dresses to my online store!

      The lookbook hasn't arrived yet? How odd! I think HPmagcloud can be rather slow with delivery sometimes. Maybe give it another week and then let me know.

      Delete
  6. <3 the dress! I'm looking forward to next week :) I'm sure you'll get everything done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg you're gorgeous!! ps: im followin you on tumblr x

    http://sydsense.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog! I would love to know what you think.