Monday, November 26, 2012

The Bunny Angel dress

This textile design was inspired by a small ceramic bunny baby that i picked up for 20 cents at a charity shop on the coast. I tend to become really attached to small ceramic objects with faces but for some reason i just fell head over heels in love with this little guy. He used to live on my windowsill but the wind knocked him off one day and as i heard that saddening chink of breaking china, my heart fell to the floor. Of course i played doctor and glued him back together - I've got to take care of my Guardian Angel (as i've lovingly named him.) ... because hopefully he's keeping an eye out for me.

This dress is available to purchase in my etsy shop.
Dresses retail for $150 AUD + postage, and are handmade in Australia.
All textile designs are created by myself and are exclusive to my dress label.


(there are also plans to make this fabric into child-sized pinafores - because matching mother/daughter outfits are my ultimate career goal!)








14 comments:

  1. Another beautiful dress - I'd love to see a picture of the original china ceramic bunny baby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Emily.

      I did have a picture of the ceramic bunny on my blog a month or two ago...
      http://caitlinquiet.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/guardian-angel.html

      Delete
  2. your fabrics are so stunning and beautiful, i wish you could buy fabrics as perfect as these! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky!
      Hopefully one day i can have my own fabric design business.
      For now, digitally printed fabric is just so expensive to print so it's too difficult for me to stock it on a wholesale basis... it's something in the works though. Just need a few years of learning and maybe a financial backer, haha!

      Delete
  3. I'm a big fan of kitsch figurines, this dress is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura!

      yes, i know - the deer you posted the other day is totally cute.


      my mum has started collecting figurines for me on my behalf, so i'm gaining quite the collection!

      Delete
  4. It's so cute! I want to see the original bunny :) so cute!

    xoxo missdottidee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah!

      the original bunny made an original appearance on my blog a little while ago:
      http://caitlinquiet.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/guardian-angel.html

      Delete
  5. Gah!! Super super cute!!!! You need to make a tote bag using this cute little face!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was planning to! I've also got matching mother/daughter ensembles in this fabric, coming up!

      Delete
  6. So sweet! Love how you've photographed it too <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog! I would love to know what you think.